Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Newborn Dr. Visit

We had our first dr. visit this morning with Dr. Mijares. Overall everything looks really good! We did have to go over to the hospital to get his Bilirubin levels checked because he is a little Jaundice. Dr. Mijares called me 30 minutes later and said that his level was 16.2 but would have to be at least 21.0 before they would need to do anything and that basically it's a little higher than average, but still OK. She said I didn't need to do a thing though!

I had a laundry list of questions that I had kept over the past few days of being at home, and surprisingly found that most of my concerns and questions were things that are completely normal with newborns, so I'm a little more at ease now!

Our first few days at home have been packed full with visitors, but everything seems to be going OK so far. The first night home was rough, but thank goodness my mom was here to help out! She left yesterday and at first I felt lost, but I did good by myself last night so I'm more hopeful now! Breast feeding is going pretty smooth so far and I'm really happy about that because I was not liking having to supplement him with formula. So as of yesterday he is now strictly a Breast Fed Baby!

That's all I have time for! Jack's calling!

xoxo

2 comments:

Dawn Allen said...

So glad to hear things are going well!! :o)

Tj and Chelse said...

Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about you tons!