Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jack and George

Some of you might be aware of how concerned I was about how our dogs, primarily George, would react and adjust to Jack being around, well at first it was bad! Charlie is the most laid back pup ever and he doesn't even really acknowledge that Jack is here - other then the occasional head sniff. George on the other hand did not react well at first! He would flip out everytime Jack made a noise or moved and he would act like he was just going to smell and lick Jack, but then he would try to sneak Jack's little hand or ear in his mouth! The first 2-3 days I seriously thought we were going to have to find George a new home and I was so upset, but I didn't feel like I could take a change on something happening. There were a few times that George was pretty aggresive and if I were home alone with Jack that I wasn't sure I could have kept him away from George!

Well needless to say, they are now becoming the best of friends! Evidence below...

George is naturally a protective/jealous pup...especially when it comes to me - he would even growl and snip at Chris sometimes! Well he is now turning that protectiveness towards Jack. Whenever someone comes over and holds Jack, George immediately has to sniff them out and make sure they are OK - in George's world! It's so cute! And the other day I was doing the dishes and Jack was getting fussy laying on his Boppy Lounger on the couch...well when I walked into the living room George was laying beside Jack with his head over his belly as if he was trying to comfort him! It's also like George knows when Jack needs something - at night when Jack is in his pack n play he makes many noises and most of the time George just ignores them, but then every once in awhile Jack will make a noise and George will run over to the edge of the bed - and usually it's when Jack really does need something! It's so cool how dogs can tap into our lives and understand what's going on! I'm just so thankful things have worked out with George and Jack - it's such a relief and weight off my shoulders!

xoxo

No comments: