Friday, April 30, 2010
Here we go on the "No More Formula Ride!" keep your fingers crossed its a smooth ride!
I'm sure I'll snap some pictures so be on the look out for those later this weekend - or early next week...you know how bad I am at blogging these days!
Can't wait to see you Bobby!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Here's an update of some of Jack's developments:
- Jack is pointing.
- Jack is clapping.
- Jack is waving.
- Jack gives kisses when asked and sometimes when he isn't asked.
- Jack says Mama, Dada, No, and Huh-uh reguarly and I'm convinced he knows who Mama and Dada are when he says them...well Mama for sure.
- Jack doesn't like when he see Mom walk by and not come to see him - he screams until I come back to get him!
- Jack still loves daycare.
- Jack loves to give you a pat on the back for picking him up!
- Jack is starting to observe the world around him more and more everyday.
- Jack has mastered his "split scoot" and I'm not sure he will ever crawl.
- Jack is starting to try and discover how to pull up to things and if I give him my hands to hold he will stand up by himself, but I haven't found him standing next to any furniture yet.
- Jack drinks 3-4 bottles a day and is now back to eating his baby food as well as table food!
- Jack has ZERO teeth.
- Jack loves to flirt.
- Jack has a mean bone in his little monster body.
- Jack is starting to use toys in the manner they are meant (drives trucks around on the floor, etc.)
- Jack throws fits.
- Jack is starting to semi-sleep better (I'll regret that).
- Jack loves to throw things.
- Jack goes from sitting to knees and back to sitting.
- Jack will stand when placed as long as there is someone to entertain him.
- Jack can sometimes sit up on his own, but this isn't consistent and mainly only happens in his crib or pack n play.
- Jack weighs just under 21 pounds - I'm not sure on his length as Chris didn't pay attention at the dr. this week.
This is all I can really think of. All in all Jack is doing great (minus the whole pneumonia thing)!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Urgent care tested him for RSV, Strep, and the Flu - all negative. The dr. sent us to the ER though b/c he said it was obvious Jack was having trouble breathing and having to work really hard at it and that he needed a chest xray TONIGHT! We headed up the road to the hospital, so long story short after a breathing treatment with added steroids, an oral steroid, an antibiotic injection in his thigh, and one more breathing treatment Jack finally started to breath easier!
The chest xray revealed he has pneumonia, also both of his ear infections are still going strong! Ugh! His fever only lasted a few hours and he is feeling much better today! Thank goodness! It's scary how something that didn't seem like such a big deal quickly turned into a big deal!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
That analysis done, I'm adjusting my goal - to push myself and achieve results faster (hopefully), my new goal is 15 pounds...so 9 pounds left, which means I need to lose approximately 1.5 pounds per week for the next 6 weeks!
You can tell I've already been doing some analysis work this morning b/c it totally just carried over into my blog post...haha!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
I'm sure announcing it to the world will ensure I'm up at least once, if not twice tonight! But I was so excited and proud of him!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
- Jack is a clapping fool! He loves to clap - he claps when he is happy, he claps when he is mad, he claps to himself in the back seat, he claps when I sing, he claps when he screams! He is all around just a CLAPPER!
- Not only is Jack a clapping fool, but he is a dancing fool as well! He loves music (which became apparent to me around 4 months of age)! He loves his nursery rhymes, sung by myself or his singing book, he loves the radio, he loves phones that play music, he loves commercials with music (especially that new "I can't believe it's not butter" commercial with the lady from Will and Grace - anyone know it?), but the best part about his love of music is his DANCING! He will bounce up and down and shrug up his little shoulders and can that boy keep a beat! He has good rhythm! He bounces in perfect beat with the music and when he gets really excited he will also throw in a little swaying front and back! When standing up he will bend his knees and bounce his whole body up and down! It's so CUTE!
- Last week Jack starting pointing - doesn't sound like a big milestone, but it's so cute! I have to admit the first few times he raised his arm up and pointed; Chris and I thought he was doing the "gay" hey wave! But after watching him a few times I realized he was pointing at me, then I noticed him pointing at lots of things! So that's a new favorite of his!
- Jack also will give kisses when asked probably 40-50% of the time and then randomly he does it without being asked! I love it!
- Jack also has become more and more in love with the fact that he can shake his head "no"! He now knows what it means as well - see he is starting to reject his baby food (that's a whole 'nother story) and if he even sees me pick up the container or the spoon he screams and shakes his head no! It's cute, but FRUSTRATING!
- Jack also loves balls - play balls/toys that is! He loves to throw them and then scream til you throw it back! He pretty much is throwing or pushing anything off of anything! And he thinks it's funny - Momma on the other hand does not!
- Jack still has ZERO teeth, although he has been working on them pretty hard lately!
That's pretty much it for his new tricks. A quick update on the physical therapy and leg situation: We have been working with him a ton and he has been spending tons of time in his Jumperoo and Walker and he is now standing (no PT needed) so we have decided to forego the physical therapy for now. I talked with a PT I know and he said that until Jack is at least 12 months old we would probably be wasting lots of time and money. He still isn't crawling, but army crawling (backwards only) all over the place, he is still getting up on all fours and bouncing and every once in awhile lunging forward. Yesterday he was on the bed while Chris was packing his suitcase and Jack went from sitting up onto his knees to look over the edge of the suitcase! He has also been working on sitting up by himself - that's still a work in progress though for sure!
We took Jack to the doctor last week (he has had really bad allergies which lead to double ear infections) and he was still only 27 inches - maybe 27.5 inches long and weighed 20 pounds 2.5 ounces!
Well this turned out much longer then I had anticipated! Thanks for sticking through it! :-)
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Wish me luck and not to many lack of caffine headaches!