Wednesday, April 28, 2010

11 Month Birthday!

Today Jack turned 11 months old! I can't believe we will be celebrating his 1 year birthday in just another 4 short weeks! Time has flown by...I remember like it was yesterday sitting at the house on maternity leave thinking, "OMG - what have I done?" Haha. It definitely took some time for me to adjust to being a mom, but now I wouldn't change a thing!

Here's an update of some of Jack's developments:

  • Jack is pointing.
  • Jack is clapping.
  • Jack is waving.
  • Jack gives kisses when asked and sometimes when he isn't asked.
  • Jack says Mama, Dada, No, and Huh-uh reguarly and I'm convinced he knows who Mama and Dada are when he says them...well Mama for sure.
  • Jack doesn't like when he see Mom walk by and not come to see him - he screams until I come back to get him!
  • Jack still loves daycare.
  • Jack loves to give you a pat on the back for picking him up!
  • Jack is starting to observe the world around him more and more everyday.
  • Jack has mastered his "split scoot" and I'm not sure he will ever crawl.
  • Jack is starting to try and discover how to pull up to things and if I give him my hands to hold he will stand up by himself, but I haven't found him standing next to any furniture yet.
  • Jack drinks 3-4 bottles a day and is now back to eating his baby food as well as table food!
  • Jack has ZERO teeth.
  • Jack loves to flirt.
  • Jack has a mean bone in his little monster body.
  • Jack is starting to use toys in the manner they are meant (drives trucks around on the floor, etc.)
  • Jack throws fits.
  • Jack is starting to semi-sleep better (I'll regret that).
  • Jack loves to throw things.
  • Jack goes from sitting to knees and back to sitting.
  • Jack will stand when placed as long as there is someone to entertain him.
  • Jack can sometimes sit up on his own, but this isn't consistent and mainly only happens in his crib or pack n play.
  • Jack weighs just under 21 pounds - I'm not sure on his length as Chris didn't pay attention at the dr. this week.

This is all I can really think of. All in all Jack is doing great (minus the whole pneumonia thing)!

xoxo

No comments: