Thursday, December 30, 2010
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? "Went zip lining with my BFF Taryn while on vacation in Branson! It was SO.MUCH.FUN!"
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? "My 2010 resolution was to lose at least 20 pounds before Jack's first bday - well that didn't happen! HOWEVER, I have lost about 16 pounds since September so I'm on my way! Another 8 pounds I'll be back to the weight I was when I got pregnant, another 15 - I'd be in HEAVEN! My 2011 resolution is to just ENJOY.THE.MOMENT. stop stressing about the little things!"
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? "Yes! Chelsea delivered Bobby on April 22nd, Jenny delivered Sophia Claire on December 8th, and Madeline gave birth to Cali Rose on December 10th."
4. Did anyone close to you die? "No."
5. What countries did you visit? "Unfortunately none - we seriously need to plan a vacation in 2011!."
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? "Less Debt! We had to get a new roof on the house this October, which was totally unexpected, unplanned, unsaved for. The roof was only 3 years old when we purchased the house, unfortunately the previous owner had re-shingled to cover up a HUGE issue that then fell on us to fix as the problem made itself known!"
7. What dates froom 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? "September 13th was our 2 year anniversary and Chris took it upon himself to plan an overnight trip for us to KC to stay on the Plaza and have a Fancy dinner - so sweet!"
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? "I'd say starting on the path of getting healthy again. I joined the Y in February and began taking classes over my lunch hour, I ran with Jack 2-3 nights a week on top of that, and I've been learning to eat better and eat less - I'm starting to feel good again!"
9. What was your biggest failure? "Stress! I still can't seem to shake it - I'm anxious, I'm emotional, I'm angry, I have mood swings. I'm really trying to work with myself personally and also with my doctors to find a solution that fits/works for me! Hopefully 2011 will be the year of LESS.STRESS!"
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? "In May I found out I was Severly Anemic. I started giving blood every 8 weeks as soon as I went back to work, which was also 10 weeks after I had Jack. By February I went to give blood and my iron was too low, so I had my doctor check my levels the next time we checked my Thyroid. The results were shocking - my doctor said I was the 2nd lowest patient she has ever seen as far as my iron levels were considered. I ended up having to have five IV infusions over two weeks, but it's all good now!"
11. What was the best thing you bought? "New furniture for our living room!"
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go? "Sadly, bills. We are really striving to get the roof loan paid off by April/May so that we can do some painting/cleaning around the house and then list it FOR SALE!"
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? "Watching Jack turn from a Baby to a Toddler! It's seriously amazing! He is a little MAN now - he walks and talks and definitely has a mind/attitude of his own!"
16. What song will always remind you of 2010? "Like a G6 - Far East Movement"
17. Compared to this time last year are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? "I'm not sadder, but I'm still working on the happier, I'm THINNER!, and I guess poorer since we have an extra loan on the house for the roof!"
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? "Enjoyed all the little things."
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? "Again, stress!"
20. How did you spend Christmas? "We had our little Spear Family Christmas Thursday evening 12/23, Christmas Eve was the big Spear Family Christmas at Chris' Grandparent's house in Columbus, Christmas Day was at Chris' Parent's house, and Sunday 12/26 was spent with my family in Chanute!"
21. Did you fall in love in 2010? "I wouldn't say I fell in love with anyone/anything new, but I am definitely more in love with my family and friends."
22. What was your favorite TV program? "Criminal Minds! I still love it!"
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? "No. I'm really trying to grow out of my angry-ness!"
24. What was the best book you read? "I'm not a reader, never have been. The only books I've read this year are children's books with Jack! Right now our favorite is "A Mud Pie For Mother."
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? "Ke$ha - LOL"
26. What did you want and get? "A Mother's Ring - I got it for my birthday!"
27. What did you want and not get? "A new house."
28. What was your favorite film of this year? "We watch so many movies I can't pick just one! Some memorable ones are The Hangover, The Last Song, Twilight Eclipse..."
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? "I seriously can't remember, but I turned 27."
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? "Not having to replace our roof, listing and selling our house, buying a BIGGER house!"
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? "Dresses and Leggings!"
32. What kept you sane? "Medication! - Seriously!"
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? "The Kardashians!"
34. What political issue stirred you the most? "Health Care Reform - seriously why have Over The Counter medicine if starting Jan. 1 2011 you have to have a prescription from your doctor for those medicines if you want to use your Flexible Spending Card? So DUMB!"
35. Who did you miss the most? "I miss not seeing my friends as often as I wish I could."
36. Who was the best new person you met? "I'd say my new favorite friend is Kortney Bevins - she started working at Watco back in September and I love her! She is genuine, low drama, her husband and Chris get along great and their little boy Ford is adorable! And another awesome fact - Ryan (Kortney's husband) is cousins with Gregory - one of Chris' best friends!"
37. Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. "Plan for the unexpected!"
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "We R Who We R - Ke$ha."
Friday, December 17, 2010
- Jack's First Haircut
- Thanksgiving Celebrations
- Mr. Personality
- Christmas Tree
- 18 Month Kan Be Healthy
This is all I can think of right now and as soon as everything slows down I will get this thing updated...promise! And by then I'm sure I'll have more to add! To be continued...
Monday, November 22, 2010
We had our Family/Jack's 18 month pictures scheduled for this past Saturday and needless to say it was a 100% DISASTER! Jack was pissed from the moment we walked in the door and Jayme said, "Hi Jack!".
In the last 3 months or so he has really become aware of "strangers" or perople he doesn't see reguarly, but I never thought he would put on the performance he did Saturday. We started with the family shot for our Christmas card b/c I was worried he wasn't going to cooperate. And...he didn't. Every time Jayme said anything to get him to look her way he would either go "uhh" or "nooo" and stomp his foot. Then it got worse - he would throw himself on the floor and pound his hands and kick his feet in TRUE tantrum form! I couldn't believe it! I don't think we accomplished ONE picture. She said she thought she might have gotten 1 decent one of the first family pose. We even tried to just take some by himself b/c i thought he would act better if he could see me - WRONG! He stood on this chair screaming "NNOOOOOO" the entire time.
I AM SO SAD! I think I've lost control! He seems so angry and frustrated ALL THE TIME! He acts this way at daycare too...the fit throwing and stomping foot and punching and kicking things when he is mad. I don't know if it's just a phase or if it's his personality? And if it is his personality is it something we did!?
He is also not sleeping well at all anymore! And last week he wouldn't even nap at daycare more than like 45 minutes a day. He stays up until almost 9pm in his crib (even though he is put to bed no later than 730) just playing and talking to himself - then he is exhausted in the mornings and a total crab! UGH! I'm at a loss as to what to do with him?!?!
Sorry, had to vent!
I really don't know what to do anymore. We do time out! We are consistent with what the is and is not allowed to do. We love him. What in the world is going on?
xoxo Frazzled Mom
Thursday, November 18, 2010
But now he is getting more aggressive AND his favorite thing to bite you ask? TOES! Yes, toes - it's so gross, but he seems like he just can't resist! Bare foot, socked foot, shoed foot - Jack doesn't discriminate! He loves them all equally!
Almost every night now he will sneak up on our feet and dive right in (usually going for the big toe) without warning. Sometimes he will grab ahold of your foot first, which gives you time to pull back - other times we are just out of luck! OUCH!
Jack thinks it is down right hilarious! And I'm not sure he is doing it to inflict pain - I think he likes the reaction of us jumping, jerking, and screaming - its funny to him! He also now likes to fake us out and act like he is giving a kiss on the cheek, all the while fully intending to bite your face off!
I started to wonder if he was biting at daycare? I hadn't been told he was, but I couldn't see how he wouldn't be there if he was doing it at home so reguarly? I talked to Tonya today and she said he hasn't bitten anyone other than her and that was only one time. She said they were snuggling and he was burying his face into her and bite her right between the boobs! Oops! Ha, but at least he isn't biting the other children - yet anyway!
Here's to hoping its a phase that he QUICKLY grows out of!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
He says more, mine, doo (door), dog, birrr (bird), baaaalll, no, huh uh, tan que (thank you), uh oh, mama, dada, tuh dow (touch down and throws his arms up), fut ball (foot ball), bye, hi, hey, oowww (especially in public so people think I'm abusing my kid - I think he does it on purpose), no, nuts (chris taught him that), eye, nose. Thats all I can remember right now. We are working on ears, up, down, please and a few more animals - he doesn't know much of them b/c everything is a DOG!
He knows where his eyes, nose, mouth and tummy are. When you say "cover your mouth" when he coughs he will SLAP his hand over his mouth, and if you give him a tissue he will wipe under his nose (I just about die from the cuteness every time he does that!).
He is continuing his love of music, whether on the radio or a TV commercial! In the car if I say dance he starts moving and groving! I've also noticed he is becoming more aware of the TV in general...he is so his mother's son!
He is also still a bully. I haven't had any hitting reports from daycare lately, but his new thing is to tackle the 3 year old little boy, Logan, and sit on him (the boy won't push him off though), so when Jack gets bored supposedly he will take a step or two away and when Logan starts to get up he will run back and sit on him again...Oy vey! This mean-spirited attitude has also provided Jack the chance to quickly learn what time out is! He has a chair that is his time out chair and now it's to the point that if I talk in my "mom" voice and ask him if he needs a time out? he immediately gets sad, watery eyes, and a quivering bottom lip. Chris and I both have to try really hard not to smile b/c it's so cute - but this stuff is serious! :-)
That's all for now! xoxo
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Seeing that we are in the middle of deer season Chris was hunting, so we met up with my friend Chelse and her little girl Tylee. Thanks Chelse for all the pictures!
Jack was in love with the miniature pigs! He went straight to them and stuck his hand threw the fence to pet them! He didn't want to leave them and we even went back for a second visit!
Honestly, Jack loved all the animals which is making me think we need to visit the zoo or Deanna Rose Farmstead in KC as soon as possible! I know he would love it!
Next year we might hit up Chelse and Tylee's pumpkin patch in McCune - just for a change of scenery (and hopefully not so many people)!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Jack has also started insisting on holding a fork during meals. He uses it sometimes and he gets so excited when he successfully pokes his food and actually gets it in his mouth! It's cute!
Jack is now running around the house and loves it when people knock on the door! He gets so excited to see who it is! He is back in his own crib, but still plays for quite awhile before actually falling asleep!
We went to the doctor last week for Jack's flu shot and he weighed just over 23 pounds and was 30.5 inches long (yes he is getting taller)!
The cutest thing happened this morning when I dropped him off at Tonya's! Usually I sneak out when he isn't looking or I say a quick bye and Tonya takes him the other way. He never really cries too much and I can always hear him stop before I even get off the porch, but this morning was different. As soon as we walked in Jack wanted to play, I sat and talked to Tonya for a minute and then it was time to leave. I told Jack I was leaving and he made a bee-line for me, I thought oh he is going to cry! He walked over arms out (I thought b/c he wanted picked up), but I just squated down and said "Ok, give me hug and kiss," he hugged me and I kissed him on the cheek and he promptly turned around and went back to playing! What a big boy! That was the first time HE ever gave ME a goodbye hug and kiss!
Friday, October 1, 2010
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Oh - HAPPY 16 MONTH BIRTHDAY JACK!
So Taryn, Julie and I set out for Branson Thursday afternoon! We stayed right on Table Rock Lake (which was nice, but we now know wasn't necessary), we shopped our hearts out, we hit up SDC (Silver Dollar City) and rode some rides, and Taryn and I went ziplining! I have to say ziplining was probably the high light of the trip for me! I had been wanting to do it forever! It was so fun - Taryn might disagree, she was nervous at first but by the end she was a pro!
We ate good food, we laughed, and we caught up! It was nice! Of course I missed Chris and Jack and was definitely ready to get home once Sunday rolled around, but I think it was a much deserved/needed vacation for this mommy!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Chris says my hobby is complaining (nice, huh?).
This topic makes me sad...I'm boring!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Some may say that what I call honesty - is really just being "mean" or "negative", but I'm not going to lie to someone just to make them feel good. If your pants are too tight - I'll tell you, if your hair looks bad - I'll tell you, relationship advice - don't ask unless you want to know!
I will say, the times I find the most difficult to be honest though is with babies. But NOT all babies are cute - we all know it - so if I happen to come across a baby that isn't so cute, I will NEVER say "Oh she/he is so cute!" instead I've perfected the "Oh, his/her "outfit, head band, etc." is so cute! Ha! But that's what I do!
I think that being honest is a talent!
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
i think "Angel" is a common funeral song and it never fails to make me shed "A" tear!
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
He also has added a few words to his vocabulary in the past week or so - crack-ooor (cracker), papa, and birrr (bird), he also has some funky two-syllable sound that he makes when he is referring to Charlie (one of our dogs), but I can't really express it in writing just yet! He also loves to whisper words - it's so cute! I think that takes us up to about 15 words! He is definitely going to be a Chatty Cathy like his mama! And he has started gasping when he hears an unfamiliar word - for example when we were at Meme and Papa's the guys were target practicing with their bows and every time he heard the bow string snap he would gasp! It was pretty funny!
Lastly, Jack has also seemed to somewhat get over the little bit of "separation anxiety" or "stranger danger" he was experiencing! That's a major plus!
Monday, September 13, 2010
"The Little Engine That Could" is the book we've read to Jack the most! He does really well and listens to the entire book no problem! I love when Chris reads to him because he says, "All the little boys like Jack and all the little girls like Piper" - Piper is Tonya's youngest daughter and I think Chris would like them to get married!