Monday, November 22, 2010

our first picture disaster

This is bits and pieces of an email I sent my two best "mom" friends, who also happen to be two of my IRL besties all the way back from middle school and high school - Chelsea and Chelse.

We had our Family/Jack's 18 month pictures scheduled for this past Saturday and needless to say it was a 100% DISASTER! Jack was pissed from the moment we walked in the door and Jayme said, "Hi Jack!".

In the last 3 months or so he has really become aware of "strangers" or perople he doesn't see reguarly, but I never thought he would put on the performance he did Saturday. We started with the family shot for our Christmas card b/c I was worried he wasn't going to cooperate. And...he didn't. Every time Jayme said anything to get him to look her way he would either go "uhh" or "nooo" and stomp his foot. Then it got worse - he would throw himself on the floor and pound his hands and kick his feet in TRUE tantrum form! I couldn't believe it! I don't think we accomplished ONE picture. She said she thought she might have gotten 1 decent one of the first family pose. We even tried to just take some by himself b/c i thought he would act better if he could see me - WRONG! He stood on this chair screaming "NNOOOOOO" the entire time.

I AM SO SAD! I think I've lost control! He seems so angry and frustrated ALL THE TIME! He acts this way at daycare too...the fit throwing and stomping foot and punching and kicking things when he is mad. I don't know if it's just a phase or if it's his personality? And if it is his personality is it something we did!?

He is also not sleeping well at all anymore! And last week he wouldn't even nap at daycare more than like 45 minutes a day. He stays up until almost 9pm in his crib (even though he is put to bed no later than 730) just playing and talking to himself - then he is exhausted in the mornings and a total crab! UGH! I'm at a loss as to what to do with him?!?!

Sorry, had to vent!

I really don't know what to do anymore. We do time out! We are consistent with what the is and is not allowed to do. We love him. What in the world is going on?

xoxo Frazzled Mom

2 comments:

Sara said...

so sorry to hear about the behavior. we are definately there at times with Wyatt and it only seems to get harder. let me know if you find something that works because we are trying it too!!

laura said...

Hey lady! Your distress comes across loud & clear. I'm sure you are a wonderful Mom! I just read a book about the second year & it repeatedly stated the the 18th & 21st month are the hardest for the majority of kids. Just remember that he's only acting his age. I know it's still frustrating but hopefully it will help to know you're not alone.

Laura