Monday, April 12, 2010

10 and a Half Month Update

I know, I know - I've been a bad blogger lately! I have some time so I wanted to update (document) some of Jack's favorite activities! This will be in bullet point form!
  • Jack is a clapping fool! He loves to clap - he claps when he is happy, he claps when he is mad, he claps to himself in the back seat, he claps when I sing, he claps when he screams! He is all around just a CLAPPER!
  • Not only is Jack a clapping fool, but he is a dancing fool as well! He loves music (which became apparent to me around 4 months of age)! He loves his nursery rhymes, sung by myself or his singing book, he loves the radio, he loves phones that play music, he loves commercials with music (especially that new "I can't believe it's not butter" commercial with the lady from Will and Grace - anyone know it?), but the best part about his love of music is his DANCING! He will bounce up and down and shrug up his little shoulders and can that boy keep a beat! He has good rhythm! He bounces in perfect beat with the music and when he gets really excited he will also throw in a little swaying front and back! When standing up he will bend his knees and bounce his whole body up and down! It's so CUTE!
  • Last week Jack starting pointing - doesn't sound like a big milestone, but it's so cute! I have to admit the first few times he raised his arm up and pointed; Chris and I thought he was doing the "gay" hey wave! But after watching him a few times I realized he was pointing at me, then I noticed him pointing at lots of things! So that's a new favorite of his!
  • Jack also will give kisses when asked probably 40-50% of the time and then randomly he does it without being asked! I love it!
  • Jack also has become more and more in love with the fact that he can shake his head "no"! He now knows what it means as well - see he is starting to reject his baby food (that's a whole 'nother story) and if he even sees me pick up the container or the spoon he screams and shakes his head no! It's cute, but FRUSTRATING!
  • Jack also loves balls - play balls/toys that is! He loves to throw them and then scream til you throw it back! He pretty much is throwing or pushing anything off of anything! And he thinks it's funny - Momma on the other hand does not!
  • Jack still has ZERO teeth, although he has been working on them pretty hard lately!

That's pretty much it for his new tricks. A quick update on the physical therapy and leg situation: We have been working with him a ton and he has been spending tons of time in his Jumperoo and Walker and he is now standing (no PT needed) so we have decided to forego the physical therapy for now. I talked with a PT I know and he said that until Jack is at least 12 months old we would probably be wasting lots of time and money. He still isn't crawling, but army crawling (backwards only) all over the place, he is still getting up on all fours and bouncing and every once in awhile lunging forward. Yesterday he was on the bed while Chris was packing his suitcase and Jack went from sitting up onto his knees to look over the edge of the suitcase! He has also been working on sitting up by himself - that's still a work in progress though for sure!

We took Jack to the doctor last week (he has had really bad allergies which lead to double ear infections) and he was still only 27 inches - maybe 27.5 inches long and weighed 20 pounds 2.5 ounces!

Well this turned out much longer then I had anticipated! Thanks for sticking through it! :-)

xoxo

No comments: