Wednesday, July 7, 2010

and the winner is...

The SIPPY! We have been having a sippy vs bottle battle since Jack turned 1! He easily passed on the bottle at daycare and hadn't been having any bottles there from about 11.5 months, but he refused his morning and evening milk in anything but his beloved bottle!

I tried heating the milk up for his sippy - that didn't help. He would take the cup, take a few sips, and then throw the cup down and look at me with utter disgust! Huh...

So I just gave it a few weeks and the day he turned 13 months (not even on purpose) I thought I'll just give him his milk in a cup, cold mind you - no warming it up, and he will drink it once he gets thirsty. And drink he did! The first few days he wasn't into it, but now he drinks his milk like the Big Boy that he is with no problem!

No more bottles in the Spear Household (well they are still there, but we aren't using them)! :-)

1 comment:

Westhoff Family said...

No more bottles huh!! Thats great! I can't wait for that day!!