Tuesday, July 27, 2010

big bully

Jack has turned into the BIGGEST BULLY! He is down right mean - I just haven't determined if it is on purpose or not... He has a new found love of hitting his mom (me) over and over again. He slaps me on the arms, on the face, just about anywhere! It's frustrating...oh so frustrating! I tell him "No" and give a little pat on his hand (now before anyone flies off the handle and tells me I shouldn't spank/pat/slap/tap/etc. my child - let's just not go there, I'm in no way causing him harm). Now this form of discipline doesn't so much seem to be working because most of the time he laughs and thinks it's funny, so now I'm at a loss.

I've also tried totally ignoring him, which is hard when he is whacking you, but I have - that didn't seem to have much effect either.

The BIGGEST issue is that Jack doesn't just like to hit this mom, he is hitting at daycare. Just this morning one of the 3 year old boys was sitting on the ground when we got there, I put Jack down and as soon as Jack headed for Logan - Logan scooched backwards away from Jack really fast! I looked at Tonya and she said, "Well it's because he knows whats coming!" Jack hits him! Ugh! What am I supposed to do!?!?

signing off - Frustrated and Embarassed

2 comments:

Heather said...

Max is the same way! He hits us when he's mad, or just playing. He isn't as bad at daycare, but the other day, he headbutted a kid!

It's awful! Let me know if you find the solution!

Sara said...

unfortunately, we've been having the same issue and of course, i'm his favorite target. we've done everything you have done and not one was better than the other. it might just be a phase because he doesn't do it all the time but then it creeps back up. so who knows!! sorry i wasn't much help. if you find something that works let me know!!