Monday, February 14, 2011

dr. baker follow-up

Jack's ears received a B+ at his follow-up appointment at Dr. Baker's this afternoon. I mentioned that he had been pulling, tugging, and sticking his finger in his left ear for the past few days, but I hadn't used his ear drops again because I never saw any drainage. Dr. Baker said the day of surgery that unless there is drainage, then Jack wouldn't have an ear infection.

Kelly, Dr. B's P.A., checked Jack's ears and gave the right one a clean bill of health. The left he said wasn't infected, but looked like it had been draining some. He said it could have been if it has gotten wet or that the tube in that ear was still just opening everything up (or something like that), he just said to use Jack's ear drops in that ear for 3-5 days and that should do the trick!

If not, I'm supposed to call the office - if so, we'll see them in 6 months! Whoop! Whoop! Again, so easy!

Oh and Kelly didn't do any type of hearing screening today and I asked him if I should take him to Greenbush and he said if I wanted to that I should, but he said Jack is still pretty young for a true "hearing" screening. He said at his age all they are going to look for is if he responds when he hears noises/name...he asked me if he responds when I say his name? YES. He asked does he follow directions? YES. He then said, well that's about all they are going to be able to tell you at Greenbush. He said he is too young to do a true hearing screening that will allow for us to get a true sense of his hearing ability and the frequencies, etc. that he hears. Remember the test we all took when we were younger, raise your hand if you hear the "beep"! Haha! I hated those!

No comments: