Tuesday, February 1, 2011

that was easy

Jack's first surgery to have tubes put in both of his ears was yesterday morning and I'd have to say it was so easy, the whole process! I can remember waiting at my OBGYN's office for a monthly visit longer than we were at the surgery center!

We had to be at the surgery center (not even the hospital so no annoying admitance/paperwork to do) at 7:30am! Dr. Baker does kids on Mondays and Wednesdays and they stagger them in every 30 minutes or so, 3 every 30 minutes! We were third to arrive in our group, but it took about 2 minutes to sign the couple papers I had to sign and for them to get Jack's temp and listen to his heart!

Then I was told I had to wear these "painters coveralls", booties, and a hat since I was going to go back in the OR with him while he was put to sleep (I wasn't really excited but oh well). We waited about 30 minutes and then it was Jack's turn! I went back with him in the OR and he was put to sleep - not gonna lie watching him being put under was a bit freaky! No more than 5 minutes after I got back to the waiting room where Chris and his dad, Doug, we waiting Dr. Baker came walking up the hall, my first thought was oh crap, something went wrong! Nope, he was just finished! We were moved to the recovery waiting room and not 5 minutes later I was let in to be with Jack!

Boy he was pissed and drunk! Haha! He just didn't know what the heck was going on, but he knew he didn't like it! We were back there for 20 minutes or so then it was time to go! Once we left Jack settled down and was fine. We all came home and took a good 2-3 hour nap (Dada slept the longest). Then Jack was ready and rearing to go, he ate lunch like a champ and returned to all his normal crazy, wild, boyish activities!

Dr. said he took out quite a bit of fluid from both ears so Jack should definitely be hearing better and I think he is actually. Tonya also said she noticed him talking more and reacting the first time she spoke to him, instead of her repeating things multiple times! He also slept much better last night than he has in weeks, months! He still ended up in our bed, but he didn't wake up once crying and screaming and tugging at his ears!

All in all I think we made the right choice and Jack is feeling better and that was the outcome we wanted!

No comments: