Friday, September 9, 2011

IT'S A GIRL!!

That's right! Jack is getting a little SISTER and we couldn't be more excited! As a friend wrote on my FB wall, "A perfect pair!" Here is BS2 Girl's "money"shot from yesterday's ultrasound - definitely a girl! :-)



After we had our ultrasound we saw Dr. Shaw and she said baby looked great and was measuring perfect and that my placenta seems to be moving away from the cervix. At the ultrasound we had at the hospital the placenta was covering the cervix and yesterday the tech measured it at 1.5-2cm away from the cervix! Dr. then explained that as long as the placenta isn't covering the cervix and is still just low lying then it's my choice to attempt a natural delivery. She said we could try, but if I were to start bleeding then we'd have to do an emergency c-section. OR we could just do a planned c-section, but she said we don't have to opt for either choice right now because we have plenty of time and she feels good that the placenta will keep moving up and we will be good to go for delivery!


She also said at this point since the placenta isn't covering the cervix that my "restrictions" could be lifted as long as I'm not bleeding, but if I start bleeding again then I have to go back to the home, work, no exercise, no heavy lifting, no sex, etc. But I have to admit I'm still scared to really go back to "normal".


We also hit 18 weeks yesterday so here is a recap!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 18 Weeks

Weight Gain: 2 Pounds

Maternity Clothes: Bottoms - YES!

Gender: Baby GIRL

Movement: Starting to feel a few flutters and jabs here and there but nothing consistent yet!

Symptoms/Complaints: I've been going to the bathroom NONSTOP this week!

Cravings: McD's (takes me back to my HS days)


BS2 Stats:

Food Size: Bell Pepper

Weight: 7 ounces

Length: 5.5 inches head to rump

Development Info: BS2's uterus and falopian tubes are formed and in place! WooHoo!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! How exciting for your family. How is Jack accepting the news of a new sibling?