Thursday, October 6, 2011

22 Week Update

Well, we hit the 22 week mark today! We had another follow up ultrasound to see if my placenta had moved up some more and on a positive note it has. At our 18 week ultrasound it was 1.5 cms from my cervix, today it was 2.2 cms away!
We did get some not so great news today, the last 2 ultrasounds have noted a "bright" spot on BS2's heart. Dr. Shaw said that it could be nothing, just the angle and the muscle, but since it's been noted twice that she wants to be safe and have it checked out. This means having a level 2 ultrasound done and being referred to Childrens Mercy in KC for the appointment. "Bright" spots can indicate a defect or be nothing. She said that most of the time she is more concerned if she sees 2 bright spots (one on each side of the heart), so I guess that should make me feel somewhat better?
I got a call this afternoon from Cindy at Dr. Shaw's office and she said that she had just heard back from the doctor in KC and she just sent them all of my records and that after they review they will call to set up the appointment. Talk about a bummer, so it could be next week before we even know when we are scheduled, grr...
I'm not freaking out, but I'm not relaxed either. My mentality is: I don't know what it is and even when we do find out (if there is anything to find out), I still won't be able to do anything...I'm not sure if my view is good or bad? But that's where I'm at right now, if I let myself think about it too much I might go crazy so I try not to dwell until there is something to actually dwell on.
I will keep everyone (because I know I have tons of people reading this everyday, haha), but until then here is the standard weekly update...
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 22 Weeks
Weight Gain: 6 pounds (I'm not sure where the 4 came from, but I'm going to have to see what my scale says tomorrow morning because that was from the doctor's office)
Maternity Clothes: Still just bottoms
Gender: Baby Girl
Movement: She moves and grooves constantly
Symptoms/Complaints: Tired and Big
Cravings: Spicy and Hot Stuff
BS2 Stats
Food Size: Spaghetti Squash
Weight: 11 inches
Length: 1 pound
Development Info: She is already developing her tooth buds, her eyelids, lips, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, her eyes are formed but lack pigment still, and her pancreas is steadily developing.
xoxo

No comments: