Friday, November 4, 2011

26 Weeks!

26 Weeks
Yesterday was our 26 week mark, woo-hoo! Another exciting achievement was that we hit the double digits on our baby countdown! As of today 97 days to go! :-) I had my monthly check in with Dr. Shaw yesterday and also had my glucose test done, you know, that Glucola really isn't that bad if you just make sure it's cold! Also while I was there she talked me into a flu shot, the only other time in my life I have gotten a flu shot was the year I was pregnant with Jack - heck Jack or Chris haven't had their flu shots this year either, but since it was there and available and my insurance covers them 100% and she made the stern comment, "Well, you are due in the middle of flu season so I would get one..." I decided to just go for it! So I had blood drawn and a shot all in the same arm, sorry lefty.
We have an appointment in KC again on Monday with Dr. Bennett to do a growth scan and make sure BS2 is growing appropriately, check the heart, my placenta and my amniotic fluid levels - have you noticed the list keeps getting longer...ugh! I will try to update after the appointment.
Pregnancy Highlights
How Far Along: 26 Weeks
Weight Gain: 8 Pounds
Maternity Clothes: Pants
Gender: GIRL
Movement: Constant and getting stronger
Symptoms/Complaints: Just tired and some slight swelling at the end of the day
Cravings: Soda
BS2 Stats
Food Size: English Hothouse Cucumber (?)
Weight: 1 Pounds and 2/3
Length: 14 inches head to heel
Development Info: BS2's network of nerves in her ears is more developed and she may be able to hear our voices! She has also started to inhale and exhale amniotic fluid which helps develop her lungs!
xoxo

No comments: