Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 27

It's getting closer and closer, week 27 starts today! We had our 2nd ultrasound in KC at Childrens Mercy with Dr. Bennett on Monday, unfortunately we didn't really hear anything new or different.
Remember there are 3 issues:
1. Ecogenic Focus on her Heart
2. Elevated amniotic fluid level
3. Placenta Previa
The focus is still on her heart, Dr. Bennett said that it might stay forever or it might go away on it's own, but either way it isn't something that should ever affect the function of her heart.
My amniotic fluid level was about the same as it was a month ago, which I guess is good that it hasn't increased. They still don't see a reason for there to be the extra fluid - they watched BS2 swallow the fluid, then watched her stomach fill up, they saw fluid in her intestines and bladder too, so it seems like that whole process is working correctly. Dr. Bennett said sometimes there isn't reason for the extra fluid so who knows.
The one good thing we found out is that my placenta has indeed moved up and is out of the way so I don't have to have a c-section, also she is already head down.
Dr. did discuss that the extra fluid could lead to pre-term labor and he gave me some things to look out for and instructions for if I start having contractions and when to call Dr. Shaw, etc.
A month ago BS2 weighed 1 pound 4 ounces and Monday she weighed 2 pounds 4 ounces so Dr. Bennett was quite pleased with her growth! :-)
That's about it for now. I have my next appointment with Dr. Shaw on December 1st and then after that will go see her every 2 weeks. Dr. Bennett also wants to continue monitoring me so I have an appointment to go see him on December 5th for another ultrasound.

No comments: