Wednesday, December 3, 2008

14 Weeks!!

We are officially 14 weeks prego today! Yea, out of the first trimester finally! Whew!

We also had our monthly doctor's appointment today, the wait wasn't as bad as last time only about an hour (which is good compared to the hour and a half last time). The appointment was super quick: I got weighted - not happy, I gained 4 pounds in the last month making the grand total 8 pounds for the first trimester! I had my blood pressure taken 130 over 70, which I thought was a little on the high side, but they said it was still OK? Doctor listened to the heartbeat with the little doppler - it was 160 beats/minute, that is good! I had some blood drawn to test my thyroid levels again - they have totally tanked over the last 6 months so we are monitoring closely and probably increase my dosage of the hormone replacement...maybe that's why I've been SO tired!

So we go back on January 2nd and they will do the "Quad Screen" which is a blood test that looks for signs of Down's Syndrome, Spina Bifida (sp?), and Cerebral Palsy (sp?) I think?! Not sure on the last one...

Then after that we should get to find out what SEX the baby is! So I'm excited about that...one step at a time!

xoxo

No comments: