Friday, February 27, 2009

Doctor Update...

I went to the doctor today for our monthly appointment. I had to do my Glucose Test today, so I wasn't really in too great of a mood to start with because I couldn't eat anything until after my blood was drawn and I couldn't even drink anything after I drank the Glucola (notice how the try to make it sound like it's a nice cola soft drink - "Glucola", yeah right). So I get there and not having drank anything I couldn't go to the bathroom to give them a urine sample. I managed to squirt out maybe 5 drops, but I guess it was enough because she didn't ask me to try again.

Then I go in the room and she takes my blood pressure and says it's fine and that the doctor would be right in. Then the nurse comes back and says, "Dr. got called to the hospital for an emergency, so we don't know when she will be back." I'm thinking, "OK...maybe I should just have them take my blood for the Glucose Test and then reschedule to see the doctor next week," but no they were like just wait and see how long it's going to be. Thankfully she came back about 30 minutes later - quick delivery, huh!

So she comes in and measures my belly and says, you are measuring big! I was like, "Are you sure I'm just not FAT?" She was like, "No, you aren't fat. You are carrying everything out front." So I was like, "Well that's why I'm measuring big then?" She said, "Well probably not, I'm guessing you might have Gestational Diabetes which is causing the baby to be big, but we will be know for sure when your blood work from today comes back."

At this point I'm just really annoyed and only want to hear Jack's heartbeat and leave. So she gets out the doppler and starts feeling around for the heartbeat. I hear, swoosh, swoosh, swoosh, bang...Jack obviously didn't want to have her pressing on him because he continually kicked the dopler so that she couldn't get a good reading. Finally she said, well he was at 140 bpm before the started kicking and then went to 160 bpm after the kicked, which she said is the reaction they want. She said that the heartbeat should increase as a reaction to his movement, so that was the only POSITIVE thing that came out of this appointment, well and the fact that I only gained half as much weight this month as I did last month...so hopefully I can start evening out!

So we go in 2 weeks for another ultrasound and doctor's visit, at least I'll get to him again.

xoxo

No comments: