Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bad Week

The week started out SO good - Jack slept through the night two nights in a row, and thing everything went downhill! He has a sinus infection and is on Amoxicilin and has to take it for 14 days! So needless to say he can't breathe that well while sleeping and also coughs due to the drainage - so naps and night-time sleep has become less and less as everyday passes. He only slept a total of 2 hours at Tonya's yesterday! He also spit up a ton of mucus and vomitted up his lunch - the medicine can make them nauseous and vomit. He went to bed a little after 7 I assumed because he didn't nap well, and thought it really shouldn't wouldn't make a difference in his night sleep since he usually goes down anywhere between 7:30 and 8:30 - he slept until 10:00 and Chris fed him again, then headed to the bedroom. He didn't sleep soundly the entire night and then started crying at 2:45 so I thought - weird he never wants to eat this early, but went ahead and gave him a bottle, he settled down afterwards but as soon as I went to put him back on his lounger he was wide awake and thought it was play time. He played for an hour before I woke up Chris and said I had to get some sleep (I'm on antibiotics too for an upper respiratory infection) because I wasn't feeling well so I went to the living room, well 45 mintues later Jack was having a meltdown so I went back to the bedroom, got him calm and he fell asleep for 30 minutes and then was awake again crying! I gave him his prevacid pill b/c it has to be given at least 30 minutes before a meal, changed him, and then swaddled him and swayed, shooshed, gave him his button, layed him on his side in my arms and the gradually drifted off to sleep (The Happiest Baby on the Block method - works like a charm almost EVERY time I really recommend the book or DVD to all new parents!). I dream fed him at 6:15 and then he went right down on his lounger and he was OUT! I went ahead and washed bottles, got myself ready for the day, then took a quick 15 cat nap before getting Jack dressed and we were out the door!

I'm hoping all of this behavior is because he is sick and not some really bad night-time issues beginning to rear it's ugly head! I also think he might be in the middle of his 3 month growth spurt b/c he is wanting to eat an ungodly amount of formula the past couple days!

We'll see what the next few days bring - assuming I'll survive on no sleep and antibiotics and a head that feels like it might just EXPLODE!

xoxo

2 comments:

Tj and Chelse said...

isn't motherhood lovely?

Dawn Allen said...

Sorry you are having a rough week! Hang in there!! <3