Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Quick Update

Jack seems to finally be feeling better! Yea! We went back to the Dr. on Friday afternoon because I did not want to go a 3 day weekend with him not being seen and wondering if/when he was going to get better!? It would have drove me nuts!

I'm feeling better too, still a tiny bit of a sore throat, but that's it.

Chris is gone for work again this week and won't be back until late Thursday night so Jack and I are on our own again!

Jack's sleeping has been a day-to-day thing. Some nights he sleeps just fine through the night, and others not so much, but I've decided we are not doing "planned" middle of the night feedings anymore. He is drinking 30-32 ounces during the day and that's all he needs based on his weight and he has demonstrated the ability to not need a middle of the night feeding! That said, I have had to feed him in the middle of the night probably 3 times since we started letting him sleep and they are smaller feedings. It's just so hard because his Prevacid has to be given on an empty stomach at least 30 minutes before a meal...yeah, crap! So if he wakes at 4am I have to feed me, but then how do I work the empty stomach and 30 minutes only a couple hours later before we have to go to daycare and work? It's a struggle some mornings and I've been findiing myself getting up anytime after 5am to give him his meds just in case he wakes early, if all goes as planned I get up at 6am, give him his meds and let him sleep while I get ready and then feed him around 6:30am - but that doesn't always happen! Oh well...we'll get there or maybe he will just outgrow this REFLUX -

Dear Jack, Please stop refluxing and just grow out of it will ya? Ha! They say anywhere from 6 months to a year and a half - let's hope it's closer to 6 months!

That's all I got for now - 30 more minutes and I get to go pick up Baby J!

xoxo

2 comments:

Miss M's Mommy said...

Crossing my fingers for you that he will grow out of it by six months too! :) Hope you have a good week momma!

Sara said...

glad to hear that he's feeling a little bit better!! i'm with christina and hoping he grows out of the reflux early. fingers crossed!! ;)