Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's Official...Part 2...

It's official! Not only is Jack a chunk, but Momma is a chunk too! I know baby weight, baby weight, baby weight! But in my mind it's not really "baby weight" if it doesn't come off magically in the first say 3 weeks or so after giving birth! The remaining weight is just "sorry you took advantage and simply ate way too much while you are pregnant" weight. Just F.A.T.

So Momma is a Fatty, Fat, Fat, Fat! I gained 55 pounds total while pregnant - of which only 30 was true "baby weight" the rest was just F.A.T. Since then I have lost about 5 pounds of the remaining 25 pounds, so I have at least 20 to go, but ideally it's more like 30!

I have no self control when it comes to food, never have, I have a major obsession with food (as many of my HS girlfriends know! remember the McD's every 3 days diet with only water and cigarettes in between phase? Yeah, horrible!) and I love junk food, fast food, F.A.T food!

Chris has even threatened to divorce me in 10 years if I continue to eat like I eat and end up F.A.T.-T.E.R! Ha, I'm pretty sure he was kidding - I hope he was kidding....???

But I've come to a realization that I don't want to be F.A.T. no matter how good McD's tastes - oh the thought of a Quarter Pounder with Cheese Only....yum! Wait, what am I saying! I need to cut out the F.A.T. and make exercising a priority again!

So here is my promise to myself! After surgery tomorrow and recovery I am getting back on the straight and narrow - no more junk food (except maybe on the occasional special ocassion!) and I think I'm going to start doing Weight Watchers again. I started doing it for a short while before my wedding (based off recommendations from Chelse) and lost those last few pounds. It's fairly easy and you can still eat what you like, but just not as often or as much and if I really want that Quarter Pounder with Cheese Only - then I will have to sacrifice somewhere else that week! I'll give an update when I start this whole "plan" - I'll have to see how long I'm going to feel totally crummy from surgery, but I'm hoping no later then 10/25/09 - it's a Sunday and a good day to start my new "life" of not being F.A.T - or at least not doing anything about it!

Wish me luck! xoxo

2 comments:

Tj and Chelse said...

Darci! Jack is only 3 months old! Tylee is 16 months and I still have 20 pounds to lose. 3 months after you have a baby - okay to still have some extra weight. 16 months - not acceptable! Give yourself a break but yes, the sooner you get started the better. I think after so much time it becomes harder to lose. If you get with it now, you'll be back to normal in no time!

Layken's Mommy said...

I agree with Chelse :) You just had a baby, but it is always good to want to eat healthy. Good luck with your surgery and everything :)