Saturday, October 17, 2009

Momma Update

So I'm actually feeling pretty well, which I'm pretty surprised b/c usually I'm am the WORST sick person. I can't handle not feeling well, but I'm doing good and I'm proud of myself! Thursday could not have gone any better - well my scar could maybe have been smaller, but other then that all went well. Turns out I had something called Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - its an autoimmune disorder where my body attacks and destroys the thyroid. It also causes the thyroid to swell and essentially grow goiters - which was the what the "growth" was. So no cancer, nothing dangerous! Yea!

But my surgery lasted a little under 2 hours, and I felt decent from the time I woke up. I do remember being a little "out of it" when they woke me up and Chris and Mom said I was saying some funny things when I got to my room, but nothing too bad! Ha! I didn't have a bad reaction to the anesthesia and came off of it pretty easy! My throat feels really sore, my neck feels really stiff and I've had a constant headache, but really nothing too horrible! I also have limited mobility in my neck as far as turning side to side and I can't drive for about a week. I have to take it easy with Jack, but can still hold him and today I fed him for the first time, which was great! It's just hard b/c he likes to play with my hair and throat when he is going to sleep, which is impossible at this point!

My scar is about 3-4 inches long right in the skin fold at the base of my neck. I don't have any stitches or staples, just skin glue so hopefully the scar won't be too bad. It looks pretty nasty right now b/c there is blood and stuff under the glue, so I can't get a real good idea of how bad the scar looks...but overall I think it will be OK. That's it for me!

Check out Jack's new 4 month picture! It's my new favorite!

xoxo

No comments: