Thursday, November 12, 2009

Living for the Weekends

I think most people "live for the weekends" although I'm sure there are those people that just love their jobs and gladly go to them everyday, but in general I think people live for the weekends!

I think I can say I've always been a "live for the weekender" but now I live for the weekend for a completely different reason then I have in previous years. In my pre-motherhood years to be more specific. Working full-time is a necessity not a choice (although I'm not sure I could be a 100% SAHM even if it were a possibility, but I would enjoy a day or two a week at home with Jack), but it totally stinks! It's like I don't even have a child Monday-Friday! I get a total of maybe 2 hours with Jack each day Monday-Friday, usually never more then 2 hours and sometimes it's more like 30 minutes.

Example: Last night I had to work late and didn't get home until after 7pm and where was my adorable little boy? In bed fast asleep! I love that we have allowed him to develop healthy sleep habits this early on and that he is getting all the sleep he needs for his age, but it totally stinks that he is in bed by 7pm b/c I get NO JACK TIME! He is in bed by 7pm and usually wakes between 5 and 6am, eats and back to bed until I wake him around 7:15am to get up and dressed and head to daycare!

So I used to be a "Live for the Weekender" to party and see friends and go to dinner with Chris, but now I'm a "Live for the Weekender" so that I can spend some QT with my super cute little boy! He is getting so big so fast and I'm totally missing it! Ugh...Grr...

And people don't get why, "No you can't keep Jack for a weekend!" I mean seriously?!

xoxo

2 comments:

Tj and Chelse said...

i always wonder how my sister can send her kids to the lake with my dad for the weekend or to Nanny and Poppy's just because. i'd miss tylee way too much just to give someone else that enjoyment. it must get easier as they get older but i just can't imagine!

Derek and Adrianne said...

LOL!!! I totally feel your pain! Addy doesn't go down quite as early but it's still to early for me!! Addy has been away from us over night twice in her 13 months! I cannot handle the idea not having her on the weekends!! Even if I do miss the freedom of going out on the weekends!