Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Survey - A few days late...

Here is my second annual New Years Survey. I got this from my friend Chelse last year and I'm so glad she reminded me again to complete it this year!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? "Gave birth and discovered how hard life is with a newborn, but now I'm loving every second of it!"

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? "I'm not really - it was to walk at least every other day (I was pregnant). I did good I'd say 50% of the year. This year my resolution is to lose at least 20 pounds before Jack's first bday (I have about 25 to get to my pre-pregnancy weight)."

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? "Oh yes - Kayla in April, Sara in May, Me in May, Steph in July, Laura in August, Lindsay-Michelle-Amber all in November. I'm sorry if I'm forgetting anyone, but there has been a ton this year!"

4. Did anyone close to you die? "No."

5. What countries did you visit? "Unfortunately none."

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? "A more balanced and calm life"

7. What dates froom 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? "May 28th - the day Jack was born!"

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? "I'd say successfully getting through labor and delivery and maternity leave! I was a basketcase in the beginning!"

9. What was your biggest failure? "Being so stressed and not truly enjoying Jack when he was a newborn."

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? "Not really. I have my Thyroid removed in October, but the surgery was routine and recovery was quick!"

11. What was the best thing you bought? "IDK - most of my money goes to buying things for Jack."

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? "Not sure on this one."

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? "Again, not sure."

14. Where did most of your money go? "Bills for Jack and buying things for Jack or bills in general."

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? "Having my little boy!"

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? "Probably Michael Jackson songs - b/c that's all I heard all maternity leave after he died."

17. Compared to this time last year are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? "I'd say I'm about the same all around."

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? "Spent more quality time with Chris before Jack was born. We hardly have anytime for each other now."

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? "Eat while I was pregnant."

20. How did you spend Christmas? "Christmas Eve in Columbus, snowed in so we couldn't go to Chanute Christmas day so we went to Columbus again and then spent Saturday and Sunday in Chanute."

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? "I fell in love with my little man."

22. What was your favorite TV program? "Criminal Minds! I still love it!"

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? "Don't think so."

24. What was the best book you read? "I honestly don't think I read a book in 2009. I'm now reading a book about Finance and Accounting."

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? "....."

26. What did you want and get? "A healthy baby boy! Materialistically - A GPS, a new phone, IDK what else."

27. What did you want and not get? "A new car. A mother's ring. Stupid things."

28. What was your favorite film of this year? "Oh we have watched so many movies since Jack arrived I couldn't think of just one. Movie watching has become a weekend standard in our household."

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? "We had dinner with a few friends and I turned 26."

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? "Can't really think of anything - I'm pretty satisfied with life overall."

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? "Maternity clothes and then dresses to hide my fat legs."

32. What kept you sane? "Bitching to my friends."

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? "All the prego celebs!"

34. What political issue stirred you the most? "I don't have time for politics really and I don't know much, but probably this whole healthcare deal."

35. Who did you miss the most? "Not sure."

36. Who was the best new person you met? "I haven't really met anyone new this year. I guess I could say Jack's doctor b/c in the beginning she really helped me stay sane and never got annoyed that I called and came in multiple times a week. But now I don't really like the clinic she is at so I'm not so impressed."

37. Tell a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. "Having a baby is H.A.R.D. It's hard on you and your body, it's hard on your marriage and relationship, its hard not knowing what to do or when to do it, its hard leaving them at daycare - it's just H.A.R.D. and the sooner you accept that the sooner you will be able to live a more "normal" and "happy" life again! You have to accept that they will cry and that they won't always be a perfect baby and it will be stressful, but it is OH SO WORTH IT! Jack has already grown so much and is learning so much I almost miss when he was little and would let me hold him b/c now he wants nothing to do with that! He'd rather play and go to bed and talk himself to sleep. Tear...Sad...

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "I'm going to have to think about this one...I have no clue."

No comments: