Friday, February 5, 2010

Hmm...

So I just showed this older guy I work with some of Jack's pictures on the blog b/c he said he hadn't seen any new ones in awhile...so I pulled up the blog online and he goes, "What is that? You put that on the internet?" To which I replied, "Yeah, it goes back all the way from when I got pregnant! (with an air of excitement in my voice - like I know I'm cool)" To which he responds, "Well what about when he gets older and doesn't want his picture plastered all over the internet?" I hesitated, paused again, then said "Well that'll be his problem!"

But this got me thinking...what about when Jack is older? Do you think all of us new-age bloggers that post picture after picture and blog about topic after topic on our kids will regret these blogs someday?

Let's hear the feedback!

4 comments:

Dawn Allen said...

I think that if my mom would have posted daily stories about me when I was a baby and her experiences as a new mother, I would absolutely LOVE reading them!!

Heather said...

I have a terrible memory, so my blog is a baby-book of sorts. They have a website where you can print your blog into a book, and I have already printed off my pregnancy and Max's first 3 months. I need to print off the rest of his first year, now that I think about it...

Darci said...

Heather what's the website? I was just thinking if it was possible to print them? That's awesome! I'd like to print my pregnancy and then Jack's 1st year in June! I haven't wrote one thing in his baby book either - I'm a horrible mother, but it's much easier to write a post and pictures then hand write in a book and get pictures printed, etc!

Sara said...

it's so much easier to get on a blog because you can do it anywhere! it's like an on-line baby book. wyatt's baby book is only about 1/3 of the way filled out because i never have time at home to start writing or i can't find a pen! the website you can print you blog on into a book is: thecutestblogontheblock.com

i haven't seen any but saw that as an option on their website. i also replyed to your comments on the carseat on my blog. :)