Friday, February 5, 2010

Robeez!!!

Those of you that are around Jack on a fairly normal basis know that Jack NEVER wears shoes, never has! Chris and I tried to put cute little black dress shoes on him for his 6 month pictures, but he flipped out and screamed!? Not sure if it was just b/c something was on his foot or b/c they were too small, if his toes got curled under when I put them on or what, but we ended up wasting the $13 they cost b/c he never wore them and I know they are too small now! Ha!

Well I started thinking a couple weeks ago that I should probably try to find some comfy, light, flexible - almost sock-like, if you will, shoes for Jack so that he starts getting used to having shoes on his feet! He isn't too mobile, just still scoots all over on his belly - not really even an army crawl as much as just a wiggle until he gets to what he wants, but I don't want him to finally start walking and freak b/c he has never worn shoes!? Maybe I'm crazy, but this is my thinking and I'm a first time mom so it's OK!

All this leads to ROBEEZ! I did some online research and came across Robeez which are shoes designed for infants through the first few years of life! The first line of shoes are soft soled, leather, flexible, and I have read nothing but great reviews! They aren't hard like a lot of infant shoes, these will be great for Jack as he becomes more mobile b/c he will get used to having them on, but will still have the flexibility like he is in socks! Here are his first 3 pairs that should be arriving next week!
I love these plaid ones! They will be super cute with Jeans and solid colored Polos for this Spring!
I'm not a huge fan of the trucks b/c it is rather "babyish" but they were the cutest brown ones they had that were on sale!I think these black ones are ADORABLE! They will probably be his standard pair for most days!

4 comments:

Tj and Chelse said...

I thought these were the ugliest shoes ever for the longest time. Someone got Tylee a pair for her 1st birthday and we are IN LOVE. She now has a pink pair of Mary Janes and a brown pair of boots. They are my go to shoes. She wears one or the other almost everday! You will not be disapointed. And the longer you have them, the cuter they are.

Darci said...

Yea Chel! I almost emailed you before I bought them to see if Tylee had any and if you liked them, but I got busy! I'm glad you like them! I know I'm going to be addicted for sure and they aren't the most inexpensive shoes! Ha! Now I'm even more excited and I know what to get Tylee for her bday! hahaha!

Sara said...

wyatt doesn't wear any shoes at all. we've tried buying some at babies-r-us and he doesn't really care for them. i've had people tell me about robeez but haven't seen a pair. they look really cute. let me know when you get them if he likes them or not!

Westhoff Family said...

These shoes are so cute, I just looked at the website and they have some I might get Arlee. I just bought a pair like them at Childrens Place and what I like about them is they stay on! She can play with them on and they are so flexible they don't get in her way. Let me know what you think!