Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Jack

This is going to be random...

I've been so busy lately and with Chris being gone the last 3 weeks for work that doesn't leave me much time to even think about blogging, but I'm procrastinating this morning before I dive into work!

Let's do a little catch up on my favorite topic - Jack!
  • He is getting more and more mobile, but not crawling just yet. He scoots backwards on his belly everywhere he wants to go or he scoots on his bottom while sitting. He still doesn't understand how to sit up from laying down - he tries to do a "sit-up" move but his poor little baby abs just aren't strong enough that way! He has started bouncing anytime you hold him which makes me think he will crawl sometime in the fairly near future (hopefully).
  • He is babbling more then EVER! Oh and he now says Mamamamamama! Of course he doesn't know that I'm mama or that Chris is Dada, but it's still nice to hear it! He talks pretty much constantly. He is way more focused on his verbal skills then motor skills, but he always has been!
  • Jack loves his new Robeez! He wears a pair everyday now and doesn't seem to be bothered by them at all! I'm going to take pictures of him wearing each pair and will post them soon!
  • Jack's eyes are still a blue/gray color, his skin is becoming more olive, and his hair is darkening! Yea - how cute is he!
  • Jack is eating 4 7-8 ounce bottles/day, 2 stage 2 containers of food/day, and a mid-morning snack - either puffs, mum mums, yogurt or a fruit!
  • Jack is starting to get a bit of a temper when things don't go his way. Take a toy away - he screams! Leave the room - he screams! Not paying 100% attention - screams! I'm hoping he is just testing his boundaries and this will pass!
  • Jack is still going to bed at 7pm and sleeping most mornings until 6-7am! YES!
  • We are still working on waving hi/bye and clapping, as well as his pincher grasp!

Valentine's Day wasn't really anything too special this year, we usually don't go all out b/c my birthday is 2 weeks before and Chris' is 2 weeks after. I got Chris a new pair of pants he had been wanting, I got a new purse and wallet and we went out for dinner! Jack kind of got the shaft from his parents, but his grandparents came through! He got a new pair of PJ's, some socks, a teddy bear, and money! Thanks everybody!

xoxo

No comments: