Friday, May 28, 2010

happy first birthday jack!


Today is the day! Jack is turning one! I know everyone says this, but it doesn't seem possible! It seems like just yesterday he was a teeny tiny baby! But I have to admit I much more enjoy this stage then the newborn stage!

We are heading to OK tomorrow for Chris' family reunion, which kills Jack's birthday party timing, so his party will be next Saturday. I was going to document Jack's day (as much as I could before and after work), but wouldn't you know I pulled the camera out this morning to snap some pics before I woke him up and the damn battery died! I was more than annoyed! Photo Op Fail!

We took cupcakes to daycare today (see picture above) so Jack could celebrate with his friends! I think he will enjoy them! We don't have much planned tonight b/c we have to pack for the weekend and I know I will forget something no matter how many times I review my "list".


Here is an update on Jack from this past month!
  • Jack says 5 words - Mama, Dada, No (Neh, Neh), Ba-Bye (Da-Dye), and Uh-Oh (I'm on the fence about adding a 6th word - dog, but he isn't consistent with it yet).

  • Jack has learned to crawl this month and is all over the house!

  • Jack is drinking whole milk and has been for about 3 weeks now.

  • Jack has found a love for sippy cups and is only taking his bottle in the am and pm now - everything else is from the sippy!

  • Jack started pulling up right around his birthday!

  • Jack loves to crawl around his crib now, sit up, clap, scream with joy, and turn his mobile off and on multiple times throughout the night.

  • Jack still has ZERO teeth.

  • Jack has asthma and allergies...he is on 2 steroid breathing treatments/day and gets Singulair with his dinner.

  • Jack HATES baby food. This gets tricky considering the lack of teeth, but he will and can pretty much eat anything we do (within reason).

  • Jack still loves balls and cars and music.

This is all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure I will add more things for documentation purposes later on!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!

Tj and Chelse said...

Happy Birthday little man!