Thursday, January 12, 2012

2011 - Year In Review

1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Well, I've been pregnant before, but this is the first time I'm pregnant with a baby GIRL!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My 2011 resolution was to "Enjoy The Moment" and stop stressing over the little things...well I'm not sure that really happened. This year has seemed to be FULL of stress - selling a house, buying a house, getting pregnant, not having a very stress-free pregnancy, etc. If I had to make another resolution for 2012 I'd say 1. Deliver a happy, healthy baby girl, 2. Stop using horrible language in front of Jack, 3. Complete the Warrior Dash in May, 4. Enjoy my family, 5. Get back in shape. I actually saw a picture of a FB friend's yesterday that said "Work Hard, Eat Clean, Talk Dirty" - that might be my motto for 2012 as far as getting healthy and working out.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Kortney had Saylor in June and Brandy had Preslee in August.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
Zip, Zilch, Zero
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Zero credit card balances - this is definitely a big goal of ours this year.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm stealing this from a friend, May 22nd - the day of the Joplin tornado.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting out and making new friends. I was invited to join a Bunco group after we moved to Frontenac this past summer and I was hesitant at first, but now I love it and I've gained 11 new friends!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably using the TV as a baby sitter for Jack. I've been so tired and on edge this whole pregnancy that it's just easier to let him watch cartoons all night then for me to be an active participant in his play.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new house! Love it...although we might be having a bad tile job issue that has just cropped up, ugh - it's always something!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
IDK
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Who cares...I definitely learned this year that relationships should not be one sided and if they are they aren't worth your time - so I've moved on.
14. Where did most of your money go?
House, Bills, Decorating
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting pregnant!
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Any of Adelle's songs, she was ALL OVER THE RADIO
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, Fatter, Poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sleep
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve in Columbus, Christmas morning in Columbus, Christmas Day in Chanute
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Not really...
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Criminal Minds (still - I love that show)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone, but I have evaluated some relationships and decided they weren't worth it.
24. What was the best book you read?
The only book I read this year was Jaycee Dugard's book - it was pretty good.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
IDK
26. What did you want and get?
We sold our house and bought a new one in the exact neighborhood I wanted!
27. What did you want and not get?
A million dollars.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh gosh, we watch so many movies I couldn't pick a favorite.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I honestly can't remember, probably didn't do anything on the actual day - probably dinner on the weekend.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The year has been pretty good, I can't complain too much.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Maternity Clothes, ugh!
32. What kept you sane?
Friends - the few that are always available to talk (meaning text or email - who actually talks on the phone anymore?) and listen - they are the best!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kind of funny, but I love the crew of the Kidd Kraddick morning show! Haha!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not really informed about politics much, but I guess the whole "The War Is Over" and all the troops coming home would be the one I heard about the most?
35. Who did you miss?
Charlie and George, we gave them both away to new homes, great homes - but I still miss having a little dog around for company!
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Cassie - at work, she is great!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Time is precious, don't waste a minute.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I'm going to claim pregnancy brain and say IDK?

No comments: