Tuesday, January 10, 2012

KC Appoinment

Yesterday my Mom and I went up to KC for what I thought was my last appointment at Childrens Mercy (more on that later). Chris had to be in Tulsa for meetings so I asked my Mom to go because I thought she would find it neat to see the ultrasound and stuff.

The scan went well, nothing really new to report. The ecogenic focus on her heart is still there and it might stay forever or it might dissolve at some point, the key point is that it isn't effecting the heart's function and it never will. It won't get bigger as she gets bigger either. The other item we have been monitoring is my amniotic fluid levels and they were still just above the "normal" cut off, but definitely at a lower level than it was earlier in my pregnancy (which is to be expected b/c normally as the baby gets bigger there is less fluid). The level isn't anything concerning either. Dr. Bennett just explained that it makes him a little nervous/concerned b/c there are a few things that have shown up, but that he can't find a reason for any of it and I think that drives him crazy!

BS2 is a big, chunky girl with hair! :-) Well she at least has hair on the back of her head, I'm not sure about the top! She weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces and was measuring exactly one week big. I was 35 weeks and 4 days and she measured 36 weeks and 4 days, although some of her measurements were in the 37 and 38 week range - her belly and her head - which freaks me out b/c those are like the biggest parts! Eeek!

Dr. Shaw and I talked last week about when we should get her out (of course this was initiated by me) and she said she would be fine with inducing at 39 weeks again and that I wasn't going to be able to talk her into anything any earlier, but then she did say she would be interested in seeing what Dr. Bennett thought after my appointment with him. So I presented the question to him yesterda and he asked how big Jack was when he was born and whether or not I delivered him vaginally, so when I told him Jack was 6 pounds 15 ounces he kind of laughed and said, well I think if you have made any progress by 38 or 39 weeks that I think that it would be fine to go ahead and induce at that point. I must have smiled pretty big because then he said, well I'm going to say 39 weeks because I know you will tell Dr. Shaw I said 38! So we might just end up with a January baby after all!

We got a few more 3D/4D pictures, like we do everytime and I just haven't shared any of them on here, but she has ALWAYS had her right arm up in front of her face so we can never get a clear shot. I have tons of half-face shots and it drives me nuts! Maybe after she is actually here I will post some of the pictures and compare them to her actual pictures after she is born and see how close they look!

That's about it for now, I have my weekly bio-physcial profile at Dr. Shaw's office next Monday so we will see what she says about inducing. Oh, and Dr. Bennett scheduled me for one more visit with him on January 30th, but also said - I doubt I'll be seeing you though! :-)

No comments: