Monday, April 13, 2009

Dr. Appointment and Ultrasound

I'm a little behind on this, sorry! Last Thursday we had our 4th ultrasound to check Baby Jack's kidneys and growth...again! Well his right kidney still shows "minimal dialation" but the left one looked OK. His weight was estimated at 4.5 pounds at 32 weeks which is maybe about a 0.5 pounds on the large size. He was measuring in the 67th percentile, so slightly up from our 28 week ultrasound. The ultrasound tech said he does have some hair - that made me happy although I have no idea how she knows that, or well could see that? Jack has already slightly dropped and is head down, which I had pretty much already figured out by the change in pressure!

The appointment went good, I only gained 2 pounds since our 30 week appointment - tons better then the 6 I gained between 28 and 30 weeks! Shesh! Blood pressure is still good. Doctor said that our pediatrician will just follow-up on Jack's kidney's after he is born so I don't think we get anymore ultrasounds!? :-(

The big thing though is that early last week I kind of, sort of slipped getting out of the shower and my right leg did one of those "Oh crap I almost fell down but I caught myself things!" You know where the one leg slides out and then your groin area might be slightly sore? Well, I guess if you do that when you are 8 months pregnant - it's a whole different story and feeling. If I do any extra walking (like go on my evening walks or go to the mall shopping, things like that) by bed time I'm barely able to lift my legs to walk - not kidding! So I asked Dr. last week and she did some pushing around, which absolutely hurt like heck, then says I think you probably separated the cartilage in your pelvis, more specifically the cartilage that fuses your pubic bone area together!? She said that it won't affect Jack in anyway, but that it's just going to hurt for me and there isn't much I can do about it?! Ugh! So now I'm in the mindset of, "Do I still go on my walks or become a couch potato?" I know what I want to do, but also what I should do!? So it's hard, but I'm still going to go on my evening walks, but maybe just not as far?!

Well that "quick" update turned fairly lengthy! Sorry!

xoxo

No comments: