Monday, March 15, 2010

Great Debate

With myself that is...I can't decide if it's teething or reflux?

Jack has been a bit of Mr. Cranky Pants here lately and I can't tell if it's that he is teething or if it's his reflux? We took him off his reflux medicine on the 3rd of March to see if he didn't need it any longer because who wants their baby on medicine if it's not necessary?

I had actually forgot about the fact that we stopped his medicine until this weekend. He is either teething or having reflux pain and I just can't decide which one? He is chomping like an alligator, not wanting to eat his baby food, cries sporadically (screams in pain), is cuddlier than normal, drools, hiccuping more often, chews on his fingers, only wants cheerios and puffs or other finger foods, taking bottles well, he isn't spitting up (but he never really did with his reflux - it was "silent" - yes that is a medical term), no fever, he has been waking up earlier in the mornings screaming, screams when he wakes up from a nap (which is unusual - he is usually in a great mood upon waking), so all in all I don't know what the culprit is?

I'm going to check his mouth good tonight and if I don't see anything then I'm going to start his reflux meds again in the morning I guess...He still doesn't have any teeth so I have nothing to compare to in the teething behavior department.

Wish me luck...

xoxo

3 comments:

Heather said...

If it is teething, you can try the Hyland Teething Tablets. They are all-natural.

Hope he feels better soon!

Westhoff Family said...

Yes we use the teething tablets and tylenol. Those were all the signs Arlee had when she was teething.

Tj and Chelse said...

Aw, the great teething debate. That was my suggestion too, try Oragel and those teething tablets and see if his syptoms disappear.