Sunday, September 5, 2010

favorite quote

I'm not going to proclaim this as an all time favorite quote because I'm really not too keen on quotes or have a ton of them memorized, but I saw this awhile back as a FB status of one of my friends and it totally hit home with me...

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

This quote immediately took me back to my younger years when I was the epidomy of a real life "mean girl"! No really, hard to believe, I know, but it's absolutely 100% true and I can totally admit that now. Now as a young adult, wife and mother -I have definitely tried to change and recognize that my actions and words will, can, and do affect other people.

Those of you that have known me through both phases of my life, I hope you all agree! Thanks for sticking with me - even when I was a "mean girl"! :-)

No comments: