Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Last 2 Weeks...Hopefully!

I've decided I'd like to document the last couple weeks of my pregnancy on a daily basis, just so I can look back and see what progress I made when and how completely ridiculous I've been acting and so Baby Jack can see just what I went through these last few days while waiting for him to decide he was ready to make his big entrance into the Real World!

5/20/09 - Wednesday:
I'm still working full-time 8-5, swelling like crazy, and feeling tons of pressure in my pelvic region - Jack has definitely dropped (actually he dropped the end of last week around 5/15/09)! Chris and I decided not to go for our walk tonight and just relax. I bounced/swayed on my birth ball for about an hour or so and then I lost my mucus plug at about 7pm tonight and also had a bit of a bloody show. I was hoping the contractions would start immediately, but no such luck - looks like we might be in for the long haul! Oh and we had baked potatoes for dinner - mmm...mmm....good!

5/21/09 - Thursday:
Worked like normal. Lost another chunk of my mucus plug at lunch...hopefully that's the last of it! I've decided to go on 4 "mini walks" throughout the day at work - at 9am, 11am, 2pm, and 4pm, they only last about 10 minutes each, but I thought it couldn't hurt! We went out to eat for dinner at Cafe Del Rio - I was hoping the spicy food would kick start something, but no such luck! My stomach did however get a bit upset - but I think I just drank too much too fast at dinner. Chris and I went for a walk once we got home and then watched a bit of TV while I bounced on the birth ball. About 9pm I got the itch to clean for some reason, so I cleaned up the bathroom vanity and our bedroom. After that I hit the sheets!

5/22/09 - Friday:
Worked like normal. Oh and we had the boys groomed so that they will hopefully still be clean and smelling good when baby Jack comes home, but it's doubtful! After work Chris and I met my Mom and Grandma and Grandpa from AZ out at Chicken Annie's for dinner - it was GOOD! I really didn't do much else out of the ordinary.

5/23/09 - Saturday:
Today was a pretty full day! Started off with meeting Dawn for lunch at El Charro and having my favorite waiter rub my belly (uninvited I might add, but it was OK), his name is Chimmi and I love it! Lunch was great - it was good to see Dawn and catch up! After lunch Chris and I went out and did a bit of shopping, first stop the flea market where I picked up a little table for Jack's room! Then the dreaded Wal-Mart! YUCK! The rest of the day was full of relaxation and movies! We watched My Bloody Valentine, Taken, Valkyrie, The Reader, and In the Electric Mist - not all in one day though!

5/24/09 - Sunday:
Chris washed and cleaned the vehicles this morning while I did a bit of indoor cleaning. We moved the Pack N Play into our bedroom and rearranged some furniture so that we have room for Jack! This also means that I had to rearrange the living room about 20 times, moving things about an inch at a time until I was satisfied. It must be part of pregnancy, but I seriously have a problem lately with things being in their exact, perfect place! It drives Chris NUTS! We also went over to Columbus to our friend's Robbie and Madeline's house for a BBQ. It was really fun, but I ate way TOO MUCH food!

5/25/09 - Monday:
MEMORIAL DAY! I was hoping Jack would come this weekend so that I wouldn't have to go back to work on Tuesday, but no such luck! The day started off early, meeting the Spear Family in McCune to put flowers out at the cemetery, then to Galesburg, then to Parsons, then to Oswego and finally back to Columbus (and it poured 95% of the time - I didn't get out of the car much!). We went to Daryl and Sandy's for a cookout lunch and then Chris decided to play Cory in a game of 1 on 1 b-ball that seemed to last way too long. After Chris recovered we headed home for a nap, then evening TV then off to bed.

5/26/09 - Tuesday:
It was back to the grind at work as usual, which was totally hard after the long weekend. After work I made a trip to Wal-Mart and then went for a walk and then had dinner - Chicken Fried Pork and Mashed Potatoes and Cinnamon Apples (Chris is such a good cook)! After dinner I bounced and swayed on my Birth Ball until I literally could not move! Haha! Then off to bed.

No comments: