Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tonight is the Night!

We had our 39 week doctor appointment this morning and it's nothing but good news! I only gained like 1/2 a pound and my blood pressure was 120/70, urine trace was negative. Then the doctor came in and we had this conversation:
Dr: How are you doing?
Me: Fine, but can we get him out like SOON?
Dr: Laughs, I knew you were going to say that. Let me check you and then I'll give you an answer, I'm hoping your cervix will be more favorable this week...
Then she goes in for the big check...
Dr: Well you are a 3 so progress since last week and your cervix is much softer then it has been the last 2 weeks. Well Women's Services has been begging me to send someone over so we might be able to work out a deal...
Me: You mean like today?
Dr: Well tonight, but let me call them and make sure.
So doctor leaves, calls over to the hospital, and then comes back in - it was the longest 30 seconds of my life!
Dr: OK, well go check in tonight at 8! We will start the Cytotec tonight and also give you a sleeping pill and then break your water and start the Pitocin in the morning.

I was so excited - I even gave the doctor a hug... I think that's OK?! So anyway, I'm wrapping so last minute things up at work and then I'll probably take off a bit early and get the rest of my stuff packed and do a few last minute errands and then my last supper....And off to the hospital!

I will be texting updates through twitter to this blog so you can check here for any progress!

xoxo

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Congratulations!! So exciting!

Lisa_D_Walters said...

Small question...What if they give you the cervidil tonight (to help you dilate) and since you're already dilated to a 3 it sends you into labor quick....but you just took a sleeping pill??? Umm then what???

Baby Kepley said...

Oh wow! I'm so excited for you guys! You've been waiting for this day for so long! I'll be looking forward to hearing updates! Good luck!