Friday, May 8, 2009

Pediatrician

On top of all the crazy weather this morning, Chris and I ventured across town (long ways I know) and had our "New Mommy (and Daddy)" visit with our pediatrician. Basically, you go in and meet the doctor, she asks a bunch of questions, you can ask questions and then it's over - gotta love doctors, no wonder insurance premiums are on the rise!

But I was glad we did it b/c we discussed his kidney situation and she said that a couple weeks after he is born they she will do an ultrasound on him to see how they look and just go from there, but that usually it will correct itself on its own and that we will just need to monitor it.

Our pediatrician is a new, young female doctor in town. I've heard really good things about her so that makes me feel good, but I just really hate where her office is. It's in the Community Health Center (where typically lower income families go), but I have no choice. The two older pediatricians in town won't hardly ever take any new patients and the only other two pediatricians are both at the health center. I'm not worried or concerned at all about the level of care we will get out there, but just more about the environment and all the crazy, dirty, icky people that we will have to encounter in the waiting areas?! I know I might sound like a superficial brat, but hey it's my kid and I don't want him catching anyone's germs - especially dirty germs from Mexico (I can say that I'm half mexican)! haha! The waiting room was full of spanish only speaking individuals this morning! Are you getting a better picture of what I'm dealing with here!?

Most of my friends here in town take their kids there too b/c like I said you can't get into the other pediatricians in town and they are always satisfied with the care, but the only complaint is the environment. So I'm just going to have to put a mask on him like we are trying to avoid the Swine Flu and keep a blanket over his carrier while in the waiting room! haha!

xoxo

1 comment:

Heather said...

We go there too. I know EXACTLY what you mean about the environment. Which ped did you choose? We have Dr. Mijares and I really like her.