Thursday, May 21, 2009

MY SWELLING IS FINE!!

Fair Warning - This is another VENT post!

Yes, I have been swollen since week 29-30. Yes, it hurts. Yes, it looks really bad. Yes, I know I no longer have feet, ankles, and sometimes even the hint of calf definition. Yes, I know I should put my feet up. Yes, I know you think I need to wear "supportive" shoes.

I am so SICK and tired of my co-workers telling me that my swelling is bad. It is NOT bad - not in my case. Does it suck - absolutely, but bad (as in bad for baby or me) - NO! I'm sick of people being like, "Oh that's bad? What did your doctor say? Why haven't they put you on bedrest?" Well people it's because my blood pressure has stayed consistent in the 110-120 over 60 range my entire pregnancy and all of my urine screens (which is done at EVERY appointment) have never showed any protein in my urine - OK?!?! There is no medical reason for me to be concerned about my swelling! And FYI - unless I can get a recliner wheeled into my office and work with my laptop sitting on my belly all day so that my feet are elevated above my heart, propping my feet up is WORTHLESS so back off! And as for the shoes - nothing fits other then flip flops so SUPPORT THIS!!!!

Grr...

No comments: