Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Single Digits...

Over the weekend my days countdown rolled into the SINGLE DIGITS! 8 days to go! I'm getting super impatient and anxious! I keep hoping that I will suddenly get very painful contractions and go into labor, but so far nada!?!? Everyone keeps asking me if I've had any contractions and that makes me think I'm supposed to, but as far as I know I haven't? Unless, maybe they just aren't very strong and I don't feel them? I don't think that's possible though. I really am begging for the PAIN at this point! At least then I would know something was happening, all this waiting around is making me crazy! And once I have the pain, then comes the hospital, then the DRUGS!

People keep offering up more "how to induce" advice - Eggplant, Jumping on a Trampoline, Four-Wheeling, Water Skiing (yeah right), and the ole' standard S E X. I'm not too fond of any suggestions that involve a ton of bouncing b/c I'm thinking that might lead to shaken baby syndrome from inside the womb - I have no clue if that's possible, but you never know. I only bounce on my birth ball - that's enough for me. So tonight I'm going to go for a walk,eat an entire pineapple for dinner, and bounce on my ball so that hopefully tomorrow morning will be good news from the doctor.

We go in for our 39 week appointment at 9:20am - I'm thinking strategy right now, what can I say/do to make her induce. Here are my reasons: I'm so swollen it hurts, My hands have started swelling too, The baby isn't moving as much so he must be running out of room, My husband can't stand me anymore, I'm just overall miserable - and I'm going to CRY! haha! I'll let you know how it goes...

xoxo

No comments: